You are here:

Missouri Utility Funds Arrearage Forgiveness Program

AmerenUE has launched Clean Slate, a $3 million program to help low-income customers get a fresh start in managing their overdue utility bills. Beginning July 15, the program will be offered first to low-income elderly and low-income disabled customers. Eligibility for the program is set at 135 percent of federal poverty guidelines.

Qualified active AmerenUE customers will be asked to pay 10 percent of the delinquent amount on their bill to qualify for the remaining 90 percent of the bill to be forgiven. Inactive qualified customers who have been disconnected for nonpayment will be required to pay 20 percent of the outstanding bill and AmerenUE will forgive the remaining 80 percent of the overdue bill.

The program has operated in previous years and is financed entirely from AmerenUE corporate funds. AmerenUE customers are not be charged for the program.

The United Way will administer the program through approximately 40 participating Clean Slate agencies. To find a Clean Slate Agency, call UE at 800-552-7583, choose option "4" then "2" and enter your ZIP Code when prompted.

Source: MO newspapers