This page provides history and information on states' reported leveraging activities from FY 1991-2010, excluding 2008, when leveraging reports were not available because Congress didn't include funding for leveraging awards that year. Information is not available past FY 2010, again due to a lack of funding for leveraging incentive awards.
Examples of FY 2010 Leveraging Reports
- LIHEAP Clearinghouse Memorandum 820: Background on LIHEAP Leveraging Incentive Program (November 2013)
- LIHEAP Clearinghouse Memorandum 865: Fuel Funds (Updated October 2015)
- LIHEAP Clearinghouse Memorandum 880: LIHEAP Negotiations With Non-Regulated Fuel Vendors: Fixed Margin Programs, Discounts, Summer Fill, Fuel Cooperatives (Updated August 2015)
HHS Leveraging Guidance
- HHS AT-2010-12: Instructions for leveraging report forms and other leveraging guidance.
- LIHEAP Block Grant regulations on leveraging
- Ratepayer-Funded Low-Income Energy Programs: Performance and Possibilities, APPRISE and Fisher, Sheehan, and Colton, July 2007