Since FY 1991, state, tribal and territorial LIHEAP grantees have had the opportunity to participate in the LIHEAP Leveraging Incentive Program, established under the 1990 reauthorization of LIHEAP (Public Law 101-501). Under the program grantees are rewarded for acquiring non-federal home energy resources for low-income households. Leveraging incentive funds are awarded to those grantees that use their own or other non-Federal resources to supplement or leverage federal LIHEAP dollars.
The majority of leveraged resources attained by tribal grantees comes from tribal government funds. Tribes have also leveraged resources from energy vendors and fuel funds. Information on activities conducted in FY 2010 is the latest year for which information is available.
Section K in the Tribal Manual discusses regulations for the Leveraging Incentive Program and explains program requirements and application process.
- Leveraging History: FY 1991-2010
- FY 2009 Tribal and Territory Table (July, 2010)
- FY 2007 Tribal and Territory Table (October 2008)
- FY 2006 Tribal and Territory Summary and Table (May 2007)
- FY 2005 Tribal and Territory Summary and Table (July 2006)
Examples of Leveraging Reports